Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Skewers are an easy way to grill a medley of meat and vegetables while also customizing them to any number of flavors. These Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers are light and healthy and bursting with flavor. A great dish on a summer day, the grilled pineapple is the perfect complement to the chicken, balancing out the heat of the marinade.
Chicken breast is lean and healthy, but it can dry out quickly over high heat, so we set the Q450 at a medium temperature. Combined with the marinade, that allows the chicken to remain moist and tender.
Although this recipe was prepared on a pellet grill, it can be easily adjusted to any type of grill.
2 hours, 12 minutes
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Pecan
In a medium bowl or container, combine the marinade ingredients and stir together.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Load the Q450 with peach pellets and set the temperature to 400°F
- Thread the skewers, alternating chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, cherry tomato, and red onion.
- One the grill is up to temp, put the skewers on the grill, turning every 3-5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!