Smoked Pork Loin Stuffed with Apples, Cranberries, and Goat Cheese
Pork loin is one of our favorite cuts of meat to smoke. It’s easy, fast, and pairs well with many flavors, including apples. To mark the start of apple picking season, we came up with this recipe for smoked pork loin stuffed with apples, cranberries, and goat cheese. It strikes a satisfying balance of savory and sweet that’s perfect for cool nights. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. (Note: this recipe uses the FireCraft Pellet-Q450 Pellet Grill, but can be easily adapted for other grills and smokers.)
1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 50 minutes
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, Oak, Pecan
Load the Pellet-Q450 with pellets (we suggest apple, pecan, or a mix of both) then set the temperature to 250°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the apple, cranberries, goat cheese, garlic and thyme.
- Lay the butterflied pork loin flat on a cutting board. Drizzle both sides with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Spread the stuffing in an even layer over the meat.
- Carefully roll the pork loin and tie it together in several spots with butcher’s twine.
- Place the stuffed pork loin on the grate, insert the Q450’s meat probe, and close the lid. Using the AccuTemp™ controller, program the meat probe for 140°F.
- Once the meat reaches 140°F, the controller will signal it’s done. Remove the loin from the grill and set aside on a plate.
- Set up for direct grilling with the Pellet Q450 Sear Station and set the AccuTemp™ controller to FL3.
- Sear the pork loin for 2 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature is 150°F (medium). Remove from grill and let rest.
- Slice into 1 inch pinwheels, serve, and enjoy.