Pulled Pork Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound leftover pulled pork
- 1 pound bacon slices (about 16 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 3 oz New England Grade-A Amber maple syrup
- 3 oz berry jam or jelly, such as raspberry, blackberry or blueberry
- 3 oz BBQ sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon then set aside.
- With cast iron skillet (or Little Griddle) on grates, heat grill to medium-high.
- Cook bacon in skillet, remove and place on paper towels.
- Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on 4 slices of the bread then layer pulled pork and 4 slices of bacon. Top with bread, making 4 sandwiches.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet over medium-heat.
- Dip 2 of the sandwiches in the the egg mixture, coating the bread, then put on the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes each side.
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter and repeat for the other 2 sandwiches.
- Cut the sandwiches diagonally from corner to corner and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
- Pour preserves, maple syrup, BBQ sauce into dishes.
- Dip and enjoy.