Jack-o-Lantern Peppers Stuffed with BBQ Sundae
If you think Halloween is just for kids, think again. Just because your Trick or Treating days are a thing of the past doesn't mean you can't enjoy All Hallows' Eve. Whether you're hosting a Halloween party or entertaining other parents while the kids tour the neighborhood, you better be serving something besides Tootsie Rolls and Twizzlers.
These Jack-o-Lantern Peppers Stuffed with BBQ Sundae are both festive and delicious. If you've never had BBQ Sundae, it combines 3 BBQ staples—pulled pork, coleslaw, and baked beans. We sauced the pulled pork with a sweet sauce like Blues Hog on half the peppers and a spicier sauce such as Head Country Chipotle on the others. Although this recipe was prepared on the FireCraft Pellet-Q450 to infuse it with a little smokiness, you can do it on any grill or in the oven.
1 hour, 15 minutes
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Oak, Pecan
Preheat grill to 350°F.
- Sauce the pulled pork with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers (get creative!) then slice off the tops and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Partially stuff the peppers by layering the baked beans and pulled, leaving room for the coleslaw.
- Place peppers directly on the grate (or on a baking sheet if they won’t stay upright).
- Bake about 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- Finish by adding a layer of coleslaw to each pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.