Blackened Tuna & Pineapple-Veggie Kabobs
For a light dish, blackened tuna delivers a big dose of flavor, especially when you add a touch of pecan wood fire. This Blackened Yellowfin Tuna recipe uses Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish to add a kick of complex flavor with just enough zing to warm your mouth. The pineapple and veggie skewers offer a nice balance of sweet & savory that compliments the heat of the blackening seasoning. Although this recipe was done on the FireCaft Pellet-Q450 pellet grill, it can easily be adapted to gas or charcoal grills.
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Pecan
Load the Pellet-Q450’s hopper with BBQr's Delight Pecan Wood Pellets.
- Set up for direct cooking with the Pellet-Q450 Sear Station.
- Program the AccuTemp digital controller to 425°F.
- While the grill preheats, coat the tuna steaks with olive oil then cover in Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish. Let sit 15-20 mins.
- Thread the red onion, pineapple, peppers, and zucchini onto skewers (if using wood skewers soak in water for an hour ahead of time).
- Once the Pellet-Q450 has reached 425°F, set the grill to FL3.
- Lay the kabobs on the Sear Station, turning every few minutes.
- When the kabobs are half done, place the tuna on the sear station. Grill each side 3-4 minutes, depending on how rare you like your tuna.
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!