Biscuits & Brew Guinness Beef Stew
- 1½ lbs stew beef, cubed
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can peas
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 16 oz Guinness Irish Stout
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 package ready-bake biscuits
- Load the Pellet-Q450 with hickory pellets and set to 350°F
- Season the beef with salt and pepper then coat with flour.
- Once the Q450 has reached Temp, heat olive oil in a deep cast iron skillet or dutch oven and brown the beef.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, tomatoes, rosemary and thyme, and stir.
- Lower the temperature to 300°F and let cook 1½ hours.
- After 1½ hours, add the carrots, peas, and potatoes and cook another 1½ - 2 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are tender. Season to taste. (Tip: If you need to thicken, add a little flour or instant mashed potatoes.)
- When stew is ready, raise the grill temperature to 350°F.
- Place the biscuits evenly across the top of the stew, 1-2 inches apart.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve with Guinness and enjoy. Slainte!