Biscuits & Brew Guinness Beef Stew
Celebrate St.Patrick’s Day with a taste of Ireland. Despite what you may have been led to believe, the Irish eat more than just corned beef and cabbage, and in mid-March hearty stews are at the top of the list. They say "Guinness is good for you" and this recipe is certainly proof. Warm and rich, this Guinness Beef Stew is topped with biscuits that will stick to your ribs and stay with you for a few pints. Prepared on the FireCraft Pellet-Q450, the hickory smoke adds another rustic layer of flavor.
4 hours, 25 minutes
Wood Pellet Flavor -Hickory, Maple, Mesquite, Oak
Load the Pellet-Q450 with hickory pellets and set to 350°F
- Season the beef with salt and pepper then coat with flour.
- Once the Q450 has reached Temp, heat olive oil in a deep cast iron skillet or dutch oven and brown the beef.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, tomatoes, rosemary and thyme, and stir.
- Lower the temperature to 300°F and let cook 1½ hours.
- After 1½ hours, add the carrots, peas, and potatoes and cook another 1½ - 2 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are tender. Season to taste. (Tip: If you need to thicken, add a little flour or instant mashed potatoes.)
- When stew is ready, raise the grill temperature to 350°F.
- Place the biscuits evenly across the top of the stew, 1-2 inches apart.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve with Guinness and enjoy. Slainte!