Beef Ribs Poutine
- Shredded beef ribs
- 1 bag of frozen waffle or crinkle cut fries
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3½ cups beef stock
- ½ cup stout beer (like Guinness)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese curds
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking and preheat to 425°F.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet then put on the grill over the indirect cooking zone.
- Since you’ll be adding hot gravy, the beef ribs should be fine at room temperature. However, if you want to warm it up, put the shredded beef in a foil packet with a couple ounces of beef stock and put it on the grill for 10 minutes.
- While the fries cook, make the gravy on the side burner. Heat the butter in a deep cast iron skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the flour until smooth.
- Add the shallot and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add beef stock, ketchup, stout, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Continue to cook, stirring until thickened.
- Lower the heat to keep the gravy warm while the fries finish cooking. (If necessary, add more beef stock/flour to thin or thicken the gravy.)
- Transfer the fries to serving bowls and season with salt.
- Top with cheese curds and shredded beef ribs.
- Pour gravy over the fries and curds (make sure its hot enough to soften and melt the curds).
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy