BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Mango Slaw
Pulled pork is the quintessential BBQ sandwich . But while it's undeniably delicious, pulled pork takes several hours to cook, not to mention high in calories and fat. If you're looking for a faster, and healthier, way to enjoy a BBQ pork sandwich, try pork tenderloin. Incredibly lean and tender, pork tenderloin isn't as decadent as a Boston butt, but it cooks much quicker and is relatively guilt-free. While you might be tempted to pull it, resist that temptation—pork tenderloin is best served sliced or cubed.
If you don't have all day to smoke a pork shoulder, this recipe for BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Mango Slaw is a good alternative, finishing in about 2-3 hours, and are a good option for those seeking a healthy BBQ option. Full of fresh flavors and big taste, the mango slaw ups the ante on the typical coleslaw and can even be found pre-made in some grocery stores.
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Cherry, Hickory, Pecan
Trim any silver skin or excess fat from the pork.
- Brush the tenderloin with olive oil then shake a coating of rub over the entire surface. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- In a medium bowl or container, add the cabbage, carrots, mango, cilantro, lime juice, white vinegar, canola oil, salt and pepper. Stir together then cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, load the Pellet-Q450 with apple pellets and set the temperature to 225°F.
- Once up to temp, put the pork tenderloin on the grill and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 2½ to 3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the Q450 and let it rest 5 minutes.
- Slice the tenderloin thinly. Top with BBQ sauce and mango slaw on a slider bun.
- Serve and enjoy