Traeger Pellet Grills® Lil' Tex Elite 22 Pellet Grill
Don't be fooled by its name, the Lil' Tex Elite delivers BIG wood fire flavor. The first name in pellet grills, for thirty years Traeger has made it easy to enjoy authentic wood fire flavor in your backyard. At the flip of a switch, the Lil' Tex’s Digital Elite Controller automatically maintains its temperature, making it easy to cook everything from pulled pork to slow roasted chicken and even apple crisp. With 418 square inches of total grilling space there’s plenty of room to cook for friends and family. However, with food this great, you better get ready for a crowd!
- Powder-coated blue lid.
- The Digital Elite Controller maintains temperature within 20°F.
- Sturdy 2-inch legs provide support and stability.
- 2 durable wheels make it easy to move the Lil' Tex Elite.
- Add the optional Stainless Steel Upgrade Kit (includes fire pot, drip pan, and heat diffuser) for more durability.
- Plugs into a standard 110v outlet.
Traeger® Lil' Tex Elite 22 Expert Review
When I first looked at pellet grills, long before I knew their ins and outs, I was drawn to the Traeger Lil’ Tex Elite. A quality mid-sized pellet grill with a reasonable price tag, it seemed like a good starting point. Even now, with more grills to choose from than ever, it remains a solid choice, an affordable pellet grill that’s made well, performs well, and is big enough to feed a small crew.
Reasons to Buy
Anyone who has used a pellet grill knows they’re great--there’s almost nothing you can’t cook. However, that versatility comes with a cost. What I like about the Traeger Lil' Tex Elite 22 is that, at $699 it’s one of the more affordably priced pellet grills. Solid and reliable, it offers better quality and more accurate temperature control than bargain brands and is more affordable than many of the sophisticated units with hi-tech bells and whistles.
Believe it or not, one of my favorite things about this pellet grill is its size. Many people take a bigger is better approach to grills. However, not everyone has the space or the need for a large grill. With 418 square inches of grilling space, the Lil’ Tex Elite is great for those who don’t have a lot of outdoor space or people just getting into pellet grills for the first time. Yet the Lil’ Tex Elite can hold 4 whole chickens, 16 burgers, or 5 full racks of ribs, more than enough for an average family or entertaining friends.
Reasons to Keep ShoppingThe Lil’ Tex uses Traeger’s Digital Elite controller, which is less accurate than the PID controllers on more advanced pellet grills that maintain +/- 5°F. Also, the Lil’ Tex Elite 22 doesn’t include any accessories, so adding an upper cooking rack or meat probe will increase your overall cost. If you want PID temperature control and extra accessories, I’d suggest looking at the Louisiana Grills LG 700 or the FireCraft Pellet-Q450. If you need a bit more cooking space, I'd suggest the Traeger Texas Elite 34, which is the next step up in the Traeger line and is still reasonably priced.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 22 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 19 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 418Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 418 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 1
- Cooking Grid Material: Porcelain Coated
- Color: Bronze
- Exterior Material: Powder Coated Steel
- Features: Digital Control Board
- Overall Height: 49 in.
- Overall Width: 40 in.
- Overall Depth: 20 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
|Part Number||Catalog Number||Stainless Steel Upgrade Kit|
1 Digital thermostat
1 Galvanized drip bucket
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.