Rack of Lamb and Asparagus with Garlic and Toasted Almonds
Just because you're travelling doesn't mean you can't wow family and friends by preparing a gourmet dinner. Whether you're tucked away in a cottage, traveling the countryside by RV, or sailing from port to port, Cobb Grills allow you to cook refined meals anywhere. This indulgent recipe for Rack of Lamb and Asparagus with Garlic and Toasted Almonds will satisfy any foodie. Prep the asparagus side dish while the lamb is on the grill, then cook it while the lamb rests. Uncork your favorite wine and enjoy.
1 hour, 10 minutes
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Pecan
Prep your Cobb Grill. Fill the fire grid with lit charcoal (roughly 6 to 8 briquettes), insert the Cobb Dome Extender.
- Brush olive oil over the racks of lamb
- Season the lamb with rosemary, thyme, salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Score the fat, making shallow cuts spaced about an inch apart.
- Place the rib racks on the grill, tips up, staggering the bones so the racks form a teepee. Adjust as necessary to fit to the grill grate.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour, until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle reads 135°F - 140°F (medium rare).
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut lamb chops apart by slicing between the bones.
- Lightly toast the almonds in the Cobb Frying Wok. until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up the olive oil in the wok then add the garlic and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the dry white wine, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Mix in the almonds and serve alongside 2-3 lamb chops. Enjoy!