Primo® Oval LG 300 Ceramic Grill
A versatile ceramic grill that can masterfully handle high-heat grilling or low-and-slow smoking, the Primo Oval LG300 has an innovative oval design that allows you more cooking flexibility. Featuring an industry-only patented oval shape, Primo Ceramic Grills give you the ability to set up effective two-zone cooking. Because the Oval LG 300 is longer than it is wide, you can easily sear steaks on one side while slow-roasting vegetables on the other. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Primo's heavy-duty ceramic construction holds in heat and moisture and provides consistent cooking temperatures all year long. Manufactured in Tucker, GA, Primo Ceramic Grills are the only kamado grills Made in America.
- Flip the reversible half-moon grates to set them at different heights.
- Monitor cooking temperatures on the dome mounted thermometer.
- 300 square inches of total cooking space.
- The charcoal grate comes ready-to-use with the optional Firebox Divider.
- Durable stainless steel lower vent.
Primo® Oval LG 300 Expert Review
For someone like me who routinely does two-zone cooking on the grill, this mid-sized kamado grill is a dream. Thanks to its one-of-a-kind shape, the Primo Oval LG 300 maximizes its versatility, allowing you to establish separate temperature zones on different parts of the grill.
Reasons to Buy
When I think of kamado grills, I think round. Which is why when I saw the unmistakably oval Primo LG 300, I knew it was unique. But more than just a novelty, the patented shape offers increased cooking versatility. Because it’s longer than it is wide, the Primo LG 300 can be effectively set up for true two-zone cooking. As someone who always does two-zone cooking, this is a huge advantage. I can use one side of the Primo LG to grill steak directly over coals while using the other side to slow-roast vegetables with indirect heat. The charcoal grate even comes ready-to-use with Primo’s optional Firebox Divider, making it even easier to set up different temperature zones or to focus the heat to one side of the grill when I’m just cooking for me and my wife.
It’s a small thing, but I like that Primo added even more versatility to the LG 300 by making the grill grate reversible and splitting it in half—flipping the grate brings food 2 inches closer to the coals, so I can set the grates at different heights for multi-level cooking. It’s just one more option and one more way to take control of the cook.
Lastly, it’s hard not to appreciate that the Primo Oval LG 300 is manufactured in Tucker, GA. I don’t believe that a grill has to be made in USA to be a quality product that performs well, but it is nice to see an American made kamado that is competitively priced.
Reasons to Keep ShoppingAlthough the versatility of the reversible cooking grates is nice, they’re porcelain enameled steel, which isn’t as durable as stainless steel or as good at conducting heat as cast iron. Also, while I like that the charcoal grate comes ready-to-use with the Firebox DividerFirebox Divider, the divider itself has to be purchased separately at an additional cost. In fact the Primo Oval LG 300 doesn’t include any accessories. If you’re looking a kamado that comes standard with a cart or deflector plates for smoking, I suggest the Kamado Joe Classic Joe with Cart.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Heat Retention:
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 22in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 15in
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 330Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 330Sq. Inches
- Cooking Grid Material: Porcelain Coated
- Cooking Grid Shape: Oval
- Charcoal Grate Material: Cast Iron
- Color: Black
- Exterior Material: Ceramic
- Band/Hardware Material: Painted Steel
- Features: Analog Thermometer
- Overall Height: 25in.
- Overall Width: 24in.
- Overall Depth: 19in.
- Ease of Use: 3
1 Heavy-gauge porcelain-coated grill grate
1 Adjustable metal top
1 Lid-mounted thermometer
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.