True to its name, the Big Joe delivers big cooking area and a BIG list of standard accessories. A large 24” ceramic grill, the Kamado Joe Big Joe offers amazing versatility, giving you the ability to fire bake pizza at 700°F slow roast a turkey at 350°F or smoke brisket at a steady 250°F. And, unlike other ceramic grills, Kamado Joe grills come standard with the accessories you want. The Big Joe includes a painted cast iron cart, folding side shelves and a deflector plate, an absolute necessity for low-and-slow smoking, and a feature many brands make you buy separately. (Learn more about how Kamado Joe compares to Big Green Egg)
- Multi-level cooking is easy with the Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System.
- Cleanup is mess-free with the patented slide-out stainless steel ash drawer and included ash tool.
- Safely handle hot grates with the included Grill Gripper.
- Enjoy even cooking and perfect searing with the heavy-duty cast iron grate.
- Locking wheels make it easy to move the Big Joe around the patio or deck.
- Monitor cooking temperatures with the built-in dome thermometer.
Being a writer, I have an affinity for creative wordplay. However, I also have an appreciation for things with simple, to-the-point names that aptly describe a product. True to its name, the Big Joe delivers big cooking area and a big list of standard accessories—and its all-inclusive price makes it an even bigger value.
Reasons to Buy
The fact that this grill is called the Big Joe should tell you most of what you need to know. At 24”, this is one of the largest kamado grills you will find. I like to grill, but more than that, I like to grill for people. From April to October, I like to have friends and family crowding my backyard. That means food, and lots of it. In general, kamado grills tend toward the smaller size, making it difficult to set up cooking zones or feed large crowds. The Big Joe, though, offers generous space.
A lot of people will buy this kamado for its size, but more than its large cooking area I love the included accessories. When you buy a Kamado Joe, you get just about everything you need in one all-inclusive package, for one affordable price. The Big Joe with Cart comes standard with a cart on wheels, side shelves, the Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System for multi-level cooking, and 2 half-moon deflector plates, a necessity for smoking low-and-slow BBQ. It also includes a slide-out ash drawer and ash tool for easy cleanup, and a grate gripper for handling hot grates. I can’t think of too many other accessories I’d want with a kamado.
It has nothing to do with performance or cooking ability, but I can’t help mention Kamado Joe’s cherry-red finish. I don’t consider myself a flashy guy, but I love that this grill stands out. Even from across the yard, it announces to the world that it is different, as is the guy who bought it--the guy that’s going to be serving pulled pork and ribs alongside the burgers and dogs.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
Capable of feeding 5-7 people, the Big Joe is the right size for big families and entertaining. However, if you normally cook for your family or a couple of friends, it may be more grill than you need. Also, controlling the temperature requires some finesse. Like all ceramic grills, the Classic heats up fast, but if it gets too hot it can be difficult to lower the temperature. For those who want better temperature control, I’d consider an automatic temperature controller like the Flame Boss or opt instead for a pellet grill.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Heat Retention:
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Configuration: In Cart
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 24in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 24in
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 450Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 450Sq. Inches
- Cooking Grid Material: Stainless Steel
- Cooking Grid Shape: Circle
- Charcoal Grate Material: Cast Iron
- Color: Red
- Exterior Material: Ceramic
- Band/Hardware Material: Powder-Coated Iron
- Features: Analog Thermometer
- Overall Height: 54in.
- Overall Width: 50in.
- Overall Depth: 31in.
- Ease of Use: 3
1 Cast iron cart with side shelves and locking casters
1 Firebox with cast iron grate
1 Fire ring
1 Slide-out ash drawer
2 Stainless steel half-moon cooking grates
1 Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System
2 Ceramic half-moon heat deflector plates
1 Lid thermometer
1 Ash tool
1 Grill grate lifter
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.