Kamado Joe® Big Joe Stand Alone
Big, bold, and beautiful. With a fire-red finish, large body, and upscale stainless steel, the Kamado Joe Big Joe Stand-Alone is an eye-catching kamado. A spacious 24” ceramic grill, the Big Joe is one versatile cooker that can sear steaks at 700°F, smoke brisket at a steady 250°F, or slow-roast a tenderloin at 300°F. Not only that, it also includes a great combination of upgrades and accessories.The Big Joe Stand Alone comes standard with a stainless steel cooking grate, stainless steel top vent, stainless steel handle, bands, and hinge assembly, and a stainless steel slide-out ash drawer. If all that shine weren't enough, it also includes must-have accessories such as a deflector plate, a an absolute necessity for smoking BBQ. (Learn more how Kamado Joe compares to Big Green Egg.)
- Multi-level cooking is easy with the Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking system.
- Cleanup is mess-free with the patented slide-out stainless steel ash drawer and included ash tool.
- Handle hot grates with the included Grill Gripper.
- Monitor cooking temperatures with the built-in dome thermometer.
Looks aren’t everything and bigger isn’t always better, but both are qualities that make grill owners happy, including myself. An impressive combination of size, stainless steel features, and included accessories make the Big Joe Stand-Alone an attractive all-in-one kamado package.
Reasons to Buy
From spring to fall, I like to host friends and family as often as possible, which means I need a grill with spacious cooking area. Going on name alone, the Big Joe would seem to fit the bill and, thankfully, it lives up to that name. At 24”, it’s one of the larger kamado grills around and has enough cooking space for everyone to be fed without having to wait on me to grill another round of food. It’s also one of the few kamado grills large enough for two-zone cooking, making it possible for me to do burgers and steaks over direct heat on one side, while I roast veggies over indirect heat on the other.
For me, it’s hard to resist the glisten and gleam of the Big Joe Stand-Alone. With lots of stainless steel features, it has a sleek appearance that upgrades any outdoor cooking and entertaining area. It comes standard with stainless steel cooking grate, top vent, handle, bands, hinge assembly, and slide-out ash drawer. However, the advantages go well beyond looks. Durable and easy to clean, all that stainless steel resists corrosion.
What I truly appreciate is that all that stainless steel doesn’t come at the expense of the included accessories Kamado Joe is known for. In addition to the great stainless steel features, the Big Joe Stand-Alone comes standard with the Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System and 2 half-moon deflector plates--a must-have for smoking an ash tool--and grate gripper. I’m hard-pressed to name too many other grills that come with such an impressive combination of stainless steel upgrades and included accessories.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
The Big Joe Stand-Alone may be too much grill for those with small families or who rarely entertain. For them, I’d suggest the smaller Classic Joe Stand-Alone. Also, if convenience is what matters most to you, consider the Big Joe with Cart, which swaps the stainless steel upgrades for a cart on wheels and side shelves. Finally, controlling the temperature takes some skill. Like all ceramic grills, the Big Joe heats up fast, but if it gets too hot it can be difficult to lower the temperature. Those who want better temperature control, I’d consider an automatic temperature controller like the Flame Boss or opt instead for a pellet grill.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Heat Retention:
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 24in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 24in
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 450Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 450Sq. Inches
- Cooking Grid Material: Stainless Steel
- Cooking Grid Shape: Circle
- Charcoal Grate Material: Cast Iron
- Color: Red
- Exterior Material: Ceramic
- Band/Hardware Material: Stainless Steel
- Features: Analog Thermometer
- Overall Height: 37in.
- Overall Width: 50in.
- Overall Depth: 31in.
- Ease of Use: 3
3 Ceramic feet
1 Firebox with cast iron grate
1 Fire ring
1 Slide-out ash drawer
2 Stainless steel half-moon cooking grates
1 Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System
2 Ceramic half-moon heat deflector plates
1 Lid thermometer
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.