Weber® Smokey Mountain Cooker™ 22.5 in
- Durable porcelain-enameled finish.
- Use the water pan to add juice, beer, wine, or water to keep meat moist and tender.
- Add wood chunks and charcoal using the easy-access fuel door.
- The built-in thermometer allows you to monitor cooking temperatures, while a silicone grommet provides easy access for temperature probes.
- Large enough to smoke a 20 lb turkey.
- Includes durable grill cover.
Weber® Smokey Mountain Expert Review
I love products that can be used by beginners, but pros continue to use long after they’ve mastered their craft. That’s the Weber Smokey Mountain. You’ll find it in backyards and at competitions.
Reasons to Buy
The Weber Smokey Mountain was the first cooker I looked at when considering smokers. One of the things I really liked was that there are 3 sizes to choose from--14.5”, 18.5” and 22.5”. There are million different opinions on which you should get, but I liked that I could choose the one that best fit my BBQ plan. The 22.5 can fit a lot of food, but might be too big for the person who’s doing a couple of racks of ribs on the weekend. The 14.5 is perfect for tailgating and smoking smaller cuts of meat, but won’t be able to handle a full brisket. The 18.5 is the middle ground.
When talking about the WSM’s size, it’s not just the cooking capacity. One of my favorite features of is its space-saving design. No matter which size you get, it has convenient stacked design that allows it to be easily taken apart, moved, and stored when not in use. When it is on your deck, it still takes up minimal space thanks to its vertical design. Compare that to a heavy offset smoker or kamado grill that is pretty much going to stay in the same spot, year-round, taking up space even when you’re not smoking. The compact stacked design also makes it possible to the WSM on the go.
I remember when I first started looking a charcoal smokers. For some reason I had this idea that they wouldn’t be very expensive. I was wrong. A reliable smoker can cost several hundred dollars. That’s what makes the Weber Smokey Mountain so attractive to many people. You can get a quality smoker at relatively affordable price.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
If you’d like to be able to do more than just smoke, consider a kamado grill such as the Kamado Joe Classic or Weber Summit Charcoal, which can grill and smoke. Finally, the Weber Smokey Mountain is easy to use, but maintaining a desired temperature can sometimes require a bit of work. If you the perfect temperature every time, try the Flame Boss or a pellet grill such as the Traeger Junior Elite, which costs about the same as a WSM 22.5.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 22 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 22 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 363Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 726 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 2
- Cooking Grid Material: Plated Steel
- Color: Black
- Exterior Material: Porcelain Enameled Steel
- Features: Analog Thermometer
- Overall Height: 49 in.
- Overall Width: 23 in.
- Overall Depth: 24 in.
- Ease of Use: 2
2 Cooking grate
1 Charcoal grate
1 Water pan