Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Whole Hog Smoker
Got a lot to cook? Then go whole hog! With two digital control panels, two hoppers, two separate cooking chambers, and dual convection fans, the Louisiana Grills Whole Hog is one serious pellet grill. It’s also an incredibly versatile do-everything cooker. Use the independent cooking chambers to cook different food at two separate temperatures—smoke a brisket in one while a turkey roasts in the other. Or use the removable divider to make the Whole Hog an extra large smoker that can handle a small-medium hog. Whichever alignment you choose, the Digital Control Center makes cooking easy. Just load your favorite pellets, program the temperature, and let the Whole Hog do the rest. Uses 110V AC power.
- Precisely control temperatures from 180-600°F with the Digital Control Center.
- Grill burgers and steaks over an open fire with the included adjustable Flame Broiler.
- Program the two included meat probes to lower the cooking temperature when food is done.
- Made in North America with heavy-duty 14 gauge powder-coated steel for advanced heat retention and all-season performance.
- The included upper cooking racks expand your total cooking space to a whopping 1690 square inches.
- Durable wheels and casters make it possible to move the Whole Hog around.
There are plenty of options to customize your Whole Hog such as a cover, front/side shelf, hopper extension, and cold smoker cabinet.
Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Whole Hog Expert Review
There are times when you have no choice but to go whole hog. Need to feed a crowd? Got an event to cater? Like to host an annual pig roast? The Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Whole Hog has the size and flexibility to handle just about any.
Reasons to Buy
The name says it all, doesn’t it? There are very few pellet grills on the market with the size to accommodate a whole hog. This is one of them. Whether you want to slow roast a Whole Hog or cook a ton of food for a large gathering or catering gig, this beast can handle it. Bigger isn’t always better, but when you need to feed a crowd, a larger cooking area certainly makes life easier, and the Whole Hog offers over 1600 square inches of cooking space.
What I like most about the Whole Hog’s size is its flexibility and versatility. While it’s true that I can fit a whole hog in the Whole Hog, using the removable divider, I can create two distinct cooking areas for different Foods. And because the Whole Hog has a hopper and controller for each side of the grill, it can essentially be used as two separate pellet grills, both of which feature a direct grilling option. So, while I smoke a brisket at 250°F on one side, I can also flame grill steaks or burgers on the other.
That the Whole Hog has 2 controllers and hoppers is impressive, but that’s not the only place where Louisiana doubled up. The Whole Hog also comes with 2 programmable meat probes, 2 upper cooking racks, 2 drip pans, and 2 Flame Broilers for open flame grilling.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
Because of its large size, the Whole Hog is probably too big for the average family. While this is a great choice for caterers, small businesses, and people who entertain a large number of people, it’s more than most people need. If you have a big family or like to host cookouts and want a good-sized grill that can handle the job, I suggest the Louisiana Grills Country Smoker 680 or LG 1100. For anyone who needs to go even bigger, I’d recommend the Louisiana Grills Super Hog, The Traeger Double Commercial Trailer, or the Traeger Large Commercial Trailer.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 64 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 19 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 1,214Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 1,690 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 2
- Cooking Grid Material: Porcelain Coated
- Color: Black
- Exterior Material: Powder Coated Steel
- Features: Analog Thermometer, Cart/Stand, Digital Control Board, Grill & Smoke, Programmable Food Probe, Secondary Cooking Grid
- Overall Height: 46 in.
- Overall Width: 82 in.
- Overall Depth: 26 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
2 Digital temperature control centers
2 Lid-mounted analog thermometer
2 Flame Broilers
Lower storage shelf
2 Galvanized drip buckets
2nd Upper cooking shelf
Owner's manual & assembly instructions