Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Super Hog
When it’s time to go big or go home, go with the Super Hog! With twin digital controllers, dual over-sized hoppers, and two convection fans, the Louisiana Grills Super Hog is a monster of a pellet grill. Perfect for competition, commercial use, or the backyard pitmaster with extra mouths to feed, the Super Hog has an astounding 1671 square inches of primary cooking area that expands to 3105 square inches with the included racks. Big and versatile, there’s nothing this behemoth can’t handle. Use the two independent cooking chambers to cook different food at separate temperatures—smoke a brisket in one while grilling chicken in the other. Or use the removable divider to make the Super Hog an extra large smoker that can handle a medium-large hog. Uses 110V AC power.
- Smoke, sear, grill, and roast at the touch of a button—just load your favorite pellets and set the temperature.
- Precisely control temperatures from 180-600°F with the Digital Control Center.
- Two adjustable Flame Broilers allow you to grill burgers and steaks over an open fire.
- Program the included meat probes to lower the cooking temperature when food is done.
- Made in North America with heavy-duty 14 gauge powder-coated steel for advanced heat retention and all-season performance.
- Durable wheels and casters make it possible to move the Super Hog.
Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Super Hog Expert Review
Cooking for a crowd is a lot of work, and if you cater, compete, or own an eatery, it is your work. However, that doesn’t mean it has to be hard work or that it can’t be made easier. The Louisiana Grills Country Smoker Super Hog combines the size needed for big jobs with pellet grills ease and flexibility.
Reasons to Buy
There are very few pellet grills big enough to truly be used for commercial cooking, let alone accommodate a whole hog. The Louisiana Grills Super Hog is one of them. Whether you cook and cater for a living or simply like to host the annual pig roast, the Super Hog can handle it. With over 3100 square inches of cooking space, the Super Hog there's no limit to the amount of food you can cook.
When I look at large grills, size is obviously important, but it isn’t everything. Much more than just a large smoker, the Super Hog features incredible flexibility and versatility. Because of its size I can easily fit a whole hog in the Super Hog. Or, using the removable divider, I can create two distinct cooking areas. And because each side has its own hopper and controller, it can be used as 2 separate pellet grills, both of which feature a direct grilling option. While I smoke multiple pork butts at 225°F on one side, I can also grill steaks or burgers over an open flame on the other side.
While I’m impressed that the Super Hog has 2 independent controllers and hoppers, Louisiana didn’t stop there when doubling up on the features. The Whole Hog also comes with 2 programmable meat probes, 2 upper cooking racks, 2 drip pans, and 2 Flame Broilers for open flame grilling. Simply making an extra large pellet grill that can handle a whole hog would have satisfied many people, which makes Louisiana’s decision to give the Super Hog such flexibility so great.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
Given its size, the Super Hog is more grill than the average family needs. For those grillers with a big family or who like to host large gatherings, I suggest the Louisiana Grills Country Smoker 680 or LG 1100. For those who need the space for a whole hog, but not as much as the Super Hog, Louisiana Grills also makes the smaller Whole Hog. If you need an even bigger pellet grill, I’d recommend the Traeger Large Commercial Trailer.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 54 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 30 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 1,620Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 3,105 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 3
- Cooking Grid Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Black
- Exterior Material: Powder Coated Steel
- Features: Analog Thermometer, Cart/Stand, Digital Control Board, Grill & Smoke, Programmable Food Probe, Secondary Cooking Grid
- Overall Height: 56 in.
- Overall Width: 85 in.
- Overall Depth: 34 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
2 Digital temperature control centers
2 Lid-mounted analog thermometer
2 Flame Broilers
Lower storage shelf
2 Galvanized drip buckets
Owner's manual & assembly instructions