Fast Eddy's™ FEC100 Pellet Smoker by Cookshack
- Take complete control of your cook using the IQ5 digital control board—with the push of a button, you can set the cook time, cook temperature (140°F – 400°F), and hold temperature.
- Use the optional meat probe to set your food’s finishing temperature; the FEC100 will go into hold cycle when the desired internal temperature has been reached.
- Constructed with high-quality, double-walled stainless steel with 850°F Spin-Glas® insulation for superior heat retention.
- High-capacity 20lb pellet hopper eliminates the need to refuel mid-cook.
Fast Eddy's FEC100 Expert Review
There aren’t many pellet grills up to the task of commercial work, but with it’s rugged build and impressive cooking capacity, the Fast Eddy’s FEC100 can handle catering jobs, BBQ competitions, or a large gathering
Reasons to Buy
For me, the best part of the FEC100 has to be its build. When Fast Eddy’s made the FEC100, it had a specific user in mind--a caterer or competition smoker, someone who needs to cook a lot of food at once. Made in America by Cookshack, the FEC100 is constructed from durable double-walled stainless steel with 850° F Insulation for maximum heat retention and year-round cooking. But it’s more than just an oversized pellet grill, it’s a large-capacity cooker with 4 racks and 1564 square inches of cooking space. Got a lot to cook? The FEC100 can handle up to 100 pounds of food at a time.
The FEC100’s cooking capacity is a huge (forgive the pun) selling point. However, what makes it special is that it can cook all that food with precision. Despite its impressive size, the FEC100 is still a pellet grill with set-it and forget-it capabilities and precision temperature control. If I program the controller for 250°F, the FEC100 will maintain that temperature within a few degrees for hours on end. That’s a huge advantage for caterers and pros who need to plate perfect food, but don’t have the time to babysit a cooker.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
For most people, the Fast Eddy’s FEC100 will simply be too much grill. If you’re looking for a medium-sized stainless steel pellet grill, I suggest the Fast Eddy’s PG500 or the FireCraft Pellet-Q450. Also, although it has a lot of cooking space, the FEC100 doesn’t have as much versatility as other large pellet grills. If you want a little more flexibility, look at the Louisiana Grills Whole Hog or Super Hog, both of which offer large cooking capacity but also have an open-flame grilling option. Both also feature a removable divider and 2 separate controllers so you can use one side of the grill to smoke ribs at 225°F, while roasting chicken at 300°F on the other side.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 23 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 17 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 391Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 1,564 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 4
- Cooking Grid Material: Plated Steel
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Exterior Material: Stainless Steel
- Features: Cart/Stand, Digital Control Board
- Overall Height: 65 in.
- Overall Width: 45 in.
- Overall Depth: 25 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
4 Smoking grates
40lb of pellets
1 Spice Kit
1 Owner's manual